Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Update

So, I've been out of school for a couple of weeks now and people keep asking me what I have been doing. Well, basically NOTHING! I think I have gotten caught up on all my sleep. It's amazing how quickly I can change my schedule from going to bed early and getting up early to staying up until 1 or 2 and sleeping until 10 or 11. And then taking a nap in the afternoon too.


Seriously though, Brad has been working almost everyday. We go to the ballpark on Tuesday and Thursday nights to play ball and other than that that's pretty much it. I've scrapped a couple of days and finished a little book for Makinsi about her family. It is similar to the story "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?" It's called "Makinsi, Makinsi, Who do you see?" each page has pictures of her and a family member. She really likes it. She's played with it a couple of times. I still need to order page protectors to go over it, so she doesn't tear it up to bad.


Makinsi has been spending the night with us once a week or so. We love having her here, well, Brad and I do, Bailey doesn't. She is so jealous of her. I guess Bailey doesn't get as much as our attention when Makinsi's around. Monday morning, I fixed her breakfast and she climbed up into the recliner to eat. I put the tv tray in front of her and she sat there and ate. She was too cute!
Then mom and dad picked her up that afternoon in the Mustang. Dad got this car for his 50th birthday. He really likes it and Makinsi loves to ride in it.

I've got my little flower garden growing out back in my hanging planters. I'm impressed that they have lived so long. I planted them in early May when they hadn't bloomed at all so they've spread out pretty good.


And to bring the excitment of my summer so far to a close, I have to brag on this company.



I order a pair of shoes from Zappos.com yesterday morning. They said 4 to 5 business days to ship which was fine, because shipping was free. They came today. I was shocked. Yes, they only came from Shepherdsville, but overnight at no extra charge, I was impressed. And they were a little bit cheaper than in the store.


I'm also on the 3rd book of the summer, so I have been working a little. Of course, they are middle school books, but I'm still on the 3rd book. Hopefully, I get at least one adult book read this summer. Don't forget just 37 more days until Breaking Dawn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Kinsi's book and the shoes are really cute! Glad to see you blogging again.

Bethany said...

Your plants look great, I love hanging plants! Love the book (can you just make me 3 um.. er... 5!! )Yikes!
I have been in Zappos but we did see anything we loved...You went online right?!?