Thursday, October 25, 2007

Chaotic Thursday - Need to Relax!

I love my job in the library. I love my job. I said this today, I don't know how many times. 5 out of 12 classrooms had subs today including all K and 1 classes. Which just leads to chaos. Plus the principal and guidance counselor were both gone and somehow there is an unwritten rule that all questions and problems are directed to me when this happens. So I had a total of 250 students come through the library today. 100 of which are looking for a great book, because "we don't have any good books in this library" of over 8,000 titles. Along with my favorite question, "Do you know what books I checked out, I can't remember?" Really quality reading happening there! Then we got a shipment of 20 new computers and where do they go? The Principal's not there to direct them , so they get piled up in my office. Nice!

The point of all this is that as I'm leaving school I call Brad. "What did you say? Someone called in sick? You have to work until when? You won't be home until after 9? Oh, I'm so sorry. Ok, I'll see you then, bye." HOME ALONE ALL NIGHT!! YES! YES! YES!

I stopped and picked up dinner on the way home (Taco Bell that just opened back up in town. Teaque will no longer starve.). Took the dog out and then ate while checking my email. Then I took a bath and read a book (totally a middle school book, but for some reason the title caught my eye ;) ) After relaxing there I curled up in bed with my laptop and the Generic TiVo and caught up on House from the other night, until Survivor, Grey's and ER came on. What a way to relax on a Thursday night?

I hope that girl that called in sick is ok?

4 comments:

Teaque said...

I'm jealous of your evening... I DID get Grey's in but that's it. and Sooooo excited about the Bell, my fave - I hope they hired some new workers too while they remodeled that place needed some serious help.

owen,tania,caleb,thaddeus, gideon,hannah said...

Thanks for entering my contest on my blog. I love your word and the reasons behind it...i wondered how you found me, now i know- Teaque...

i will be back to your blog for sure. I love how you write and my best friend is the librarian in our school so i sense an affinity.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night! Alone?! I don't know what that word means anymore!

Teaque said...

Yohoo... Been checking lately... and nothing new!! *I* posted 2 days in a row!!!