Monday, November 26, 2007

Hacker!

So when we get home last night, I sit down and get ready to post some pictures and the internet isn't working. Brad's computer wouldn't connect either, so he called Insight to check and see if there is an outage in the area or something. He finally gets a guy on the phone and he says that we've been cut off. I immediately went into panic mode. I paid the bill, I know I did. I got my bill book out and I had paid it. I knew it. So the guy sends us to another department and the lady there tells us that we've been cut off for sending SPAM emails about Rolex watches. WHAT THE HECK? First of all, I can't afford a Rolex and I'm sure if I was sending SPAM emails it would have to do with scrapbooking. Second of all, I have class work to finish!!!! So she proceeds to explain to me that someone has created a fake email and is using our server as it's host. Whatever that means.... Well, basically it means that the only way to get rid of it is to reformat the computer, which wipes EVERYTHING out. So I had to go through and save everything off the laptop and the desktop so that I can spend all day Sat. reformatting these computers. I'm going to start with Brad's so that if it's on his computer I don't have to wipe out MY laptop. I was sooo mad. Why do there have to be stupid people out there? Do they not realize that I am a procrastinator and have a website that I have to figure out how to publish for an assignment that was due in less than 24 hours? Needless to say I didn't get that finished last night, however I did finish/figure it out at school today.

And to this bozo out there, you and your fake Rolexes need to mess with someone else, because I'm not in the mood!

No comments: