Thursday, December 6, 2007

25 Days of Christmas

One of the traditions that Brad's mom started a few years ago was to give each of us a small gift each day beginning on Dec. 1st. She gives all of us a big sack of gifts and trusts all of us to open only one each day. It's hard, but I really try to make sure we do it that way. Brad and I end up opening the next days gift the night before, but we balance out and for the most part open one each day. It's fun and we have a good time guessing what each one will be. So it's Dec. 6th and in our tradition we have just opened Dec. 7th's gift. So far we have gotten:

A Mark Grace picture and the Winter Redbird pictures:
Soap and Chapstick:
UK/UL Bookmarks:
A Cubs Ornament and I got a book:
A potholder for me and a towel for Brad:
A school pillow that says "When is Recess" and a CD by this Hotty - Jamie Buckley. He's a friend of ours and wrote our wedding song! He sings for the army now as a recruiter.
And tomorrow's: Socks and a Comb! Brad was so excited!
This is the pile of the next weeks. I'm really curious about a couple of them.

This is just something fun that my MIL does. We all have a good time with it. My mom does the 12 days of Christmas and we open them all on Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

Teaque said...

That's fun - I always feel like christmas takes so long to get here and then BOOM it's over... kind of a let down. That would probably help! I might do that too when the kids are older so they don;t turn into holy terrors expecting something everyday for the rest of their lives. Neat idea - but geez... that's a lot of money!! I may do the 5 days of christmas.. HA! I know - cheapie!!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the 2 days of Christmas! ;) That's a lot of creativity. I may not have any left for day to day functionality! ;)

Sounds really fun though!