Sunday, January 27, 2008

Reds Caravan

Most of you won't be impressed with this picture, but Brad and I were very excited to get to meet Dusty Baker today. (Kristin, you might understand the excitement even if you are a Cardinals fan). Dusty was the manager for the Chicago Cubs when we got married and he converted me to a Cubs fan. He was also the manager for the Cubs when we first went to Wrigley Field two years ago. Anyway, he is now the manager for the Cincinnati Reds. We spent the afternoon at the Louisville Slugger Museum where they were hosting the Reds Caravan. Brad also got his picture taken with Thom Brennaman who is now an announcer for the Reds, but used to be with the Cubs.



So we got in a little baseball today to help with Brad's withdraws. 20 days until Spring Training starts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool!! I will have to show Paul! BTW get this Paul will be in Arizona for his work training during CUBS Spring Training and will be seeing a game!! I am so jealous!

Unknown said...

Well, I certainly wouldn't be excited about meeting Dusty Baker, but give me Albert Pujols! I'm totally kidding, I'd actually probably be excited about meeting Dusty Baker ... I get pretty starstruck, and baseball players/managers fall right into that category for me! And now that Dusty's with the Reds, he's moved up in my mind! :) I am going to see the Cardinals play the Cubs in July, so hopefully it will go our way in St. Louis!

Teaque said...

OK so I totally don't know who any of these guys are but that one in the grey turtle neck is pretty hot! :)

Anonymous said...

I have no idea who he is, BUT I'm totally happy that you all were happy! ;)