Monday, February 4, 2008

The Scrapbookers' Super Bowl

So, while all the guys were preparing for the Super Bowl this weekend, Teaque and I went to the Scrapbookers' Super Bowl. The local scrapbooking store is closing at the end of the month and she was planning a big sale. 25% off of everything or spend a $100 and get 40% off. So I know Teaque and I both did a little husband whining. Mine went something like, "Baby, did you hear the scrapbook store downtown is closing? Well, it is and you know, baby, I've never been to that store and I would just hate for it to close and not ever get to know what was in there, and she's having a great sale and I could get lots of stuff to scrapbook some more baseball pages....." He totally fell for it, not that I really had to ask.

The last major thing to do at the new house was organize my scrapbook room. I really put it off til last because I wanted to really work on it and do it the way I want to. I didn't want to just throw it all in there just to get it done. And of course, I needed some other things; a paper rack, organizers, etc. I wanted it to be perfect. So although it's not completely perfect, I still need another table to actually scrap on and room for someone else to come to my place and scrap, it's done enough to take pictures of and show.
This is the whole room. I'm really trying to think of a neat name for this room. Right now it's the scrapbook/sports room. I want a neat name though, so if you have any ideas leave me a suggestion in the comments.

My plan is to get another table to put at the end of the white table and make like an "L". Then I want to get a rug for the floor. There's double windows so the light is great.

Now for all the new treasure to fill the space that I got on Sat. I've learned from scrapping with Teaque that I don't shop for "stuff" very well. I love to pick out paper that I like, but I always forget to buy solids to go with it. So my plan was to follow Teaque around and get one of everything she does. I think she takes this as a complement, I hope she does anyway! But, once we got in the store, we had to adjust my game plan to cover the whole store so that those other people that were waiting at the door 20 minutes before they opened like we were, didn't get something that we had to have.

My favorite thing that I got was a paper rack. The owner sold it to me for $20 and I was so
excited, because I had been looking at these online and they are so expensive and then you have to have them shipped. I get paid tomorrow, so I think I'm going to run back in there and get another one for solids, because I filled this one up with pattern paper, all of which I bought on Sat.

I got lots of Christmas paper.


I bought these jars at Micheal's with gift cards that I got for Christmas. Ashley and I split two packages of flowers and I also bought some chipboard letters to fill them up. I used the third for loose pieces of ribbon.

I also had to buy some bling.

I carried this paper around for a while debating on whether I really wanted it or not. I'm not really looking forward to this birthday, but I thought I better get it in the slight chance that it turns out better than I'm thinking.


So that's my room and my purchases. Now the next step is to actually use this room that I've put so much time and effort into. I love having it up all the time and not having to pack it up.

6 comments:

Teaque said...

I think you need to clarify that *I* didn't tell you that you were bad at buying paper that was something that *you* decided! :) Also, yes I DO take it as a compliment. AND I totally don't remember seeing that pink flower - cute!

Heather said...

No, Teaque didn't tell me I was bad at buying paper. I definately figured it out by never having the right stuff. She takes care of me though, she always has what I'm looking for.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like scrapin' to bring to people together! :-)

You did an awesome job of getting organized. I so did not take the time when we moved in and now I'm paying for it!

Anonymous said...

I love all your new goodies! Great deal on the paper rack! Your room is HUGE!! Hmm you could call it The Spraft Room (sport/craft) or
Cub-book or Basebook or Scrap-ball...do you see where I am going with thsi..STOp ME pLEase!!!

Amy said...

Where is this scrap store? Maybe I should make a trip to visit it :o). You bought a lot of cute things. I love your scrap room...I hope to have a room like that one day.

Anonymous said...

i love it! You've got a ton of room! And you got some great goodies. Did you get back to get another shelf?

Spraft Room has my vote!