Monday, June 2, 2008

ZZTop sings that?

Happy Birthday, Michelle! For her birthday, we all went to the ZZTop concert at Ft. Knox this past Sat. Yes, I had heard of them, but couldn't tell you anything that they sang until someone told me? But to my defense, I can tell you only a handful of songs that I know the singer of. I just don't keep up with it. Anyway, we had two carloads of people with us; Michelle and Dave, their son and new daughter in law, Mike and Samantha, David, Keith, Brad and I.

I was really excited about this and even went to the scrapbook store and got this stuff to do a layout.
Then I found out that we couldn't take cameras in and that they would be taken if you were caught with them. So I thought all would be lost for the layout.
I've still got ticket stubbs so all might not be lost and Keith took lots of pictures with his camera phone. Who knows if they will come out though.
The show started with Blackberry Smoke out of Atlanta. They were pretty good, had a couple of funny songs. Then Blind Melon came out. I had never heard of them either, until someone actually sang the song for me a couple of weeks ago at school. No Rain ended up being the only song that I knew or even understood.
While we were waiting for ZZTop to come out we ran into a girl that plays on our softball team. She was working at the Chase Credit Card booth, signing people up for free t-shirts or something. She brought all of us t-shirts and then had a something special for Brad and David. Yep, backstage passes! Brad and David were going backstage after the concert. ZZTop finally came on and were pretty impressive for old guys. The bras started flying, not mine thank you, but they seemed to be going everywhere. People are crazy. We had a ball dancing and singing though.

After the concert, Brad and David took off backstage. They apprently got a big briefing about how they could not take pictures, use cell phones, or even speak etc. They said it was like going to see the president or something. They got things signed by all three guys, but didn't talk to them at all. Someone did take Brad's picture to put in the Turret, the Ft. Knox paper, though. So hopefully, I'll at least have the picture to put in my scrapbook. And he got my t-shirt signed.



So that was our weekend. Brad's at work and I'm in my scrapbook room all alone. I might actually try to do something here scrapbook wise. Two posts in one day is pretty productive though for the first day of summer vacation! Make sure you read below too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blind Melon takes me back to freshman year of high school ...