Sunday, December 30, 2007

Challenge!

Ok, here's my challenge for the new year. I want to create a "loose" type book club. Nothing strict, no deadlines, unless you need them and then I will enforce them. Just a read and post/talk about them. I have finished all my classwork and am reading like crazy. But... I love when someone reads the same book I do, so that I can discuss it. I always pass my books onto Teaque, which is great, but it's usually a few weeks, months, (years) before we can discuss them. She is improving though. She just finished a book I read over the summer so we've been talking about it. She's now reading a book that I absolutely love and just finished a couple of weeks ago. This book is the first in a trilogy by Stephenie Meyer. It's called Twilight and it is amazing. I've never been into vampire books or movies, but this is a great series. The main character, Edward is so hot that he just draws you in and makes you fall in love with him. One of the middle schools in my district is going nuts over it and they are having a huge party and even have t-shirts made up for it. The book is being made into a movie to be released in Nov. 2008.
So here's my challenge: Anyone (Shelley/Dendra) want to read it with us and talk about it? I'm on the third book, but want to know what everyone thinks about them.

New Moon is the 2nd book and Eclispe is the 3rd. Teaque has my copy of the 1st book Twilight. Believe it or not she might finish it this week. I've got her hooked. She started it today and when she called me at 8:00 tonight she was already 80 pages into it. These are not difficult reading but very addictive. And I just found out that there is a book 4 in the works: Breaking Dawn. Oh, I'm excited.

So any takers????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, I'm totally in. I'll go up to the library tomorrow and see if I can grab the first one. I'll let you know. I'm excited! I LOVE to read!!!!!

Teaque said...

Well - I'm such a good student that I read all 3 in a week so I suppose that makes me IN or should I say - super impatient for the next book to come out in November!! ACKK!!!

Bethany said...

I would love to join you once that series is over...it would be a bit hippocritical(sp?) to read a vampire series when we have banned Harry Potter and things of that sort from our home!! I LOVE to read so I am excited (give me a heads up on what you choose next!)Until then we can always discuss Grey's ...

Anonymous said...

i actually read the first three in like 2 weeks! there amazing!!!!!! i love them soooo much!!=D and i finished the 4th one in three days! and on stephenie meyer website there is a book intro that she might start on that involves edwards point of view in twilight though his book is called midnight sun! i CANT WAIT FOR the movie to come out til dec. :(