Monday, April 28, 2008

Crazy Life!

Yes, I'm still alive. Things have been so chaotic lately. It's been almost a month since I posted, but we have just been so busy. It seems like I get home in time to go to bed most nights. This weekend we even went on a whirlwind trip to Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. Brad's nephew's birthday party was this weekend out there so we went. We left early Sat. morning and got home about 9:30 last night. We took Makinsi with us though and we had a ball. She cracks us up.

She was so good. I picked her up Friday night and she spent the night with us and we left early Sat. morning. She was a great car rider, especially for a 7 hour trip. She watched Alvin and the Chipmunks. I had never seen this so I listened to it while I was driving and had to finally watch it last night. I knew all the words, but didn't know what was really going on. I'm thankful, I'm not blind. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I spend 2 days and nights with her completely in my care. This is the first time she has spent the night with us since last June, before she could move around so much. And I brought her home in one piece... Well...

We did have one heartattack moment with her. Sunday morning I walked her down to the car to put some things in the trunk. As we were coming back in she pushed the buttons on the elevator and as the door opened she put her hand on the door. It pulled her hand right into the door and it was stuck. She started screaming and I couldn't get it out. I tried to push the open button, but it wouldn't release. I finally just pulled real hard and got it out. She is screaming like crazy and I was crying by the time I got her back up to the room. Brad asked what was wrong with her and when I turned around he saw the tears in my eyes. I'm sure I scared him half to death. I felt so bad. I think she ended up fine. We ran it under water and then put some ice on it. I think I cried longer than she did. The thing that upset me the most was that there were probably 10 guys standing in the lobby, probably military, and not a one came to help me. Anyway she was back to normal, but Aunt He He bought her a new baby at Cracker Barrell to make it up to her. I think she's back to normal. She was hanging out the sun roof when we stopped for dinner.

Hunter's party was a Spiderman theme. Spidey even came to his party. How cool is that? I think he was impressed until he saw the hole in the back of Spidey's head and that might have been then end of it, if I hadn't told him that Spidey just got a bump on the back of his head during his last fight. He said, "Maybe you're right."

I have several photo sessions scheduled. I have apparently become a photographer for hire lately. I have taken engagement pictures in the last couple of weeks. This is the son and fiance of a friend of mine.




I'm taking their wedding pictures on the 17th of May. It's a little nerve racking. I've done one wedding before and it was a very small wedding party. This one is lot larger; 3 attendants on each side and full families on both side. Keep your fingers crossed. The girl's mom is also getting married later on this year, so I am also doing their engagment pics and wedding pics. Got a little business going here.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

What a fun weekend! I wonder who had more fun Mikinsi or you?!?! That is awesome that you are getting to do all those photo sessions!!!Can't wait to scrap again!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Makinsi and poor you! I'm sure she'll be fine, don't worry! Those military guys should be ashamed of themselves though!

PIcs are great!!!!

Teaque said...

Welcome back!! I think the elevator thing would have scared me to death! Glad she was good for you. Pics look great!

Amy said...

glad to see you back at it :o). I had been wondering if you all were doing okay. The elevator thing sounds just like something that would happen to us. I'm sure it was a very scary thing and to be looking around for help and no one responding is very frustrating.
That is really neat about the photo shoots you have upcoming. You'll have to share samples with us afterwards.