Monday, February 2, 2009

Wicked

Valentine's Day came early this year. Brad got me tickets to see "Wicked" at the Kentucky Center for the Arts. He wanted to go on Valentine's Day, but it was only running through Feb. 1st, so we went early on Jan. 30th. He took me out to dinner at Outback before the show. The show was completely amazing. If you don't know the story, "Wicked" is the story of witches before Dorthy landed in Oz. Gilinda and Elphaba (the Wicked Witched of the West) actually went to school together and were roommates at school. Elphaba was born with green skin and always made fun of. Gilinda was Miss Rich girl and always got her way. She reminded me so much of the blonde chick in "Legally Blonde". So when they are stuck as roommates of course things get crazy. Elphaba is very gifted in the abilities that she has and also learns that she can read the spell book that no one else can. Once she gets to meet the Wizard of Oz, she realizes what she has to do.




The cast and stage settings were wonderful. The flying monkeys were my favorite. The flew around all over the place and had amazing costumes! The music was awesome, I'm still humming some of the songs. I'll never think about the Wizard of Oz the same again. There's a whole other story than "Follow the Yellow Brick Road"!
Several other new posts below.

2 comments:

Lisa and Josh said...

Still soooo jealous that you got to go to Wicked! Glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I wanna see it too. It looks great!